HelpMakingOnlineGame

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/HelpMakingOnlineGame

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've made a fair number of small single player games using B3D but I'd really like to learn how to make some that're online (not just local network online, but like for everyone). However, I've had trouble running BlitzPlay, and have not been able to discern much from the examples that come with B3D. If anyone could point me in the direction of a tutorial, just to help me set my feet, it would be very appreciated.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#2]
Well some will say RakNet. I never could figure that out.
The only way I've been able to figure this out is with something like this...

This code is the actual code I used for one of my games derived from something I found in code archives, I added my own stuff like ban lists and such...
This is the server coding...

And this is the client codes I use...

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#3]
I've got a web site with hosting and everything, so I assume that to incorperate that I just change the CreateServer to OpenServer, with the server name and port #?

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#4]
being that your server is writing the code.

Look thru it before you use it and change it to your liking and maybe some credit?

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#5]
"Look thru it before you use it and change it to your liking and maybe some credit? "

I didn't have much time yesterday, but today I'll defenitely try it out, and of course score you some credit if I ever finish a game that uses it.

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#6]
PCD Guy:

I'm getting a lot of Function Not Founds....what are the specifics for file names/placement etc?