Blitz3D - UV(W)?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D - UV(W)?

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am using Cinema 4D for modeling. And both 3ds and b3d export plugins makes some mess in the texture coords. Is it because it doesnt support the 3rd coordinate W?
Picture in Cinema4D:
[img
Picture in Blitz3D
[img

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#2]
LoL! I tried to export to Direct3D .x instead of b3d and then it works!

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#3]
It's nothing to do with the W co-ord as you have found out :o) I was working with someone who had problems with cinema4d's textures on meshed. I think he converted into .x or lightwave .obj format, then convert that to .b3d using Ultimate Unwrap :o)

BIG BUG(Posted 2006) [#4]
In Cinema4D it's possible that polygons share the same vertex with different UV-Coordinates, because UV gets stored for each polygon, not vertex. In B3D are UVs stored per vertex, so in case of sharing polygons with different UVs only one coordinate could be considered, the other gets messed up.

To avoid this problem you have to "disconnect" all polygons, with different UVs. The B3D-Exporter comes with an additional plugin to disconnect all polygons for all marked objects.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
I dont know about cinema4D but similar things happen in 3DSMAX when you export B3D before you do CONVERT TO EDITABLE MESH with UVW set applied already..

FreetimeCoder(Posted 2006) [#6]
There is something like CONVERT TO EDITABLE MESH in Cinema4D. But it doesn't works either.

Maybe you try "Plane-Mapping" in Cinema4D. Then the textures aren't distorted so much. But yeah, it doesn't solve all problems (e.g. animated mesh), but just try it.

Another (maybe) solution is to use Bodypaint 3D.
(It is developed by MAXON too. http://www.maxon.net/index_e.html )

I can't tell much about it, because I just tried the demo.

I hope that I could help you.

Used C4D 6 (Freeware)