Corrupt textures on 3d entities

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Corrupt textures on 3d entities

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi folks. I've a little niggle with some corruption of text on some cylinders on my laptop (512MBytes Ram with 64 Mb ATI mobility radeon.)

The reason I started 'testing' on my laptop is it does not have the whopping 128MB graphics card my main comp has, and I wanted to see how it would fair.

On my faster machine there is no issues with corruption of text on cylinders. But, on the creaky laptop, when I spin the cylinders with the text still plastered to the entity and attempt to clear the text from the 3d cylinders, it's almost as if the laptop struggles to 'wash off' the old letters. Excuse my simple terms but I toiled in vain on the laptop for 4 hours last night - any help gratefully appreciated. For now, I'm goin back to develop on my 128Mbyte graphics card machine. Cheers...

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#2]
Pictures would help.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#3]
How old are the drivers? ATI drivers had some serious problems with DX7 support until the recent ones.

Get the official catalyst 6.X drivers and use the dhmod tool to make the mobile compatible :-)

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah I agree with Dreamora. 64Meg should be enough (unless you've got all sorts of other stuff going on!) So, Im guessing its a driver issue.

It's a shame that ATI dont give much support for the Laptop drivers.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks for the tips, I'll see to it and let you know the outcome - once the kids are in bed.