ADDING B3D ANIMSEQ

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/ADDING B3D ANIMSEQ

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
..I'm just struggling with this..I have multiple separate B3D animated characters (same character), and all of them working fine when I load them and play...what I'm trying to do is blend animations from all of them in to one so I can use them depending on situation...how to do that with addanimseq and similar comands..I just cant get it work..anyone can help??

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#2]
You can use the command LoadAnimSeq("file.b3d") to add animation sequences to a model previously loaded with LoadAnimMesh(). This works in the same way as ExtractAnimSeq(). Every time you use LoadAnimSeq() a new sequence is created and the sequence number is incremented.
The file that you are loading from must have the same skeleton structure and joint names as the loaded model.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
so it means like this..file names is
CH_Idle.b3d
CH_walk.b3d
CH_Run.b3d
CH_attack.b3d

so what you saying is if I load CH_idle
basic=LoadAnimMesh("CH_idle.b3d")
and after that
seq1=loadanimseq("CH_walk.b3d")
seq2=loadanimseq("CH_Run.b3d")
seq3=loadanimseq("CH_attack.b3d")

all of them will be blended in to CH_Idle and I can call each of them depending on situation, with
Animate basic,1,1,0 /idle/
Animate basic,1,1,seq1 /Walk/
Animate basic,1,1,seq2 /Run/
Animate basic,1,1,seq3 /Attack/

is this proper way??

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yes, that should work fine !

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
you right..now everythings working fine..thanks Smiffy :))

Matty(Posted 2006) [#6]
On a related note - does this mean that we can simply create a model which is only the skeleton and has no mesh components to store the animations in and then load the animation sequences from that.

To put my question more clearly - does the model we are loading the animation sequences from have to have an actual mesh structure or can it be just joints/bones.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
I use to do stuff with joints/bones...I mean also same name of joints/bones must be acomplished..and if thats ok, stuff will work...I did that..

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#8]

On a related note - does this mean that we can simply create a model which is only the skeleton and has no mesh components to store the animations in and then load the animation sequences from that.

Yes - it can be quite useful because you can use the same animations for different models as long as the skeleton structure is the same.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
..hey Smiff...I email you with LotusEd for compilation..did you compile? please, please :))

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#10]
Yes - managed to compile eventually - sent you an email and posted a link in original thread.