Bone Problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Bone Problem

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey all, im working on a wildlife scene. i want to have some birds flying about, so i made a 3d bird model, placed a bone across its back animated it, i used truespace 6.6 and exported it into .x format loaded it into the "makbot" example in blitz3d, my bird is there but its not animating.?

boneless anims work but my birdy doesnt...

Does blitz not like boned animation.?

Any help would be great....

Thanks

LKFX..

Iamhere(Posted 2006) [#2]
As far as I know does .x Files not use Bones in Blitz3D
it uses DirectX7 and with DirectX8 comes Boneanim.

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#3]
will animd3d solve my problem, is there any source code of a basic b3d animation with loading and playing routines...

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#4]
You will need to save that animation as a .b3d. Boned animations only work with that format. Ultimate Unwrap is a very good and cheap tools for converting alot of formats, including .x, into .b3d format. If you look in the manual, you get code for extracting and playing animations in blitz. It's fairly straight forward.

If you have animation sequences, like fly, land.. etc, you will need to know the start and end frames of each animation, and use the extractanimseq() command.

If it's just one animation, then simply use the Animate() command, listed in the manual, including the mesh, mode, and speed.

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#5]
thanks ross big time for helping, be nice if there was a b3d plugin for truespace cant seem to find one though.

Iamhere(Posted 2006) [#6]
AnimB3D can only load animated or unanimated .b3d Files.

You can convert unanimaded .x or .3ds Files with decorator
but for animated .x or .3ds files you need an other tool
that you must buy, I dont know which tools that can do.

Ice9(Posted 2006) [#7]
http://www.caligari.com/Products/trueSpace/ts5/Plugins/Caligari/gamepak/default.asp?Cate=Caligari

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#8]
Vi@gra could slove a bone problem?

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#9]
Graphics3D 800,600

Global cam = CreateCamera()
PositionEntity cam,0,0,-20

Global bird = LoadAnimMesh("bird.b3d")
Global birdflap=ExtractAnimSeq(bird,0,45) ; 0-45 r my frames

Animate bird,1,1,birdflap

While Not KeyHit(1)

UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Wend
End

I used Biturn to convert .x to B3D, the code above does display my bird but its still not animated...?

Iamhere(Posted 2006) [#10]
Biturn does not convert the animation
for .3ds Biturn says yes, but the result is bad.

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#11]
ah ok i will try a 3ds file and convert it.......( even a bad animation is better than what i have got at the mo.lol

LKFX(Posted 2006) [#12]
thanks for all your help, fragmotion has sorted my probs out...