Where do i find the web thingi for blitz?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Where do i find the web thingi for blitz?

ICECAP(Posted 2006) [#1]
Someone has recently created something that enables you to have a blitz app in a webpage...

Can someone point me toward it, i seem to have missplaced the page info.

Thanks,
Ian

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55200

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#3]
Took a quick look at this.
Does this mean that 3D Blitz apps can be embedded? The igloader site has no 3D examples.
(Did a search, but can't find a thread other than this one.)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah - you can do 3d in a web page. The asteroids demo is in 3d (although it doesn't look like it) - I'm going to be doing a web version of Seths Puzzle Boxes soon.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hi people all the examples on the Cloverleaf site, with the exception of cBubble, were written in Blitz3D and use 3D acceleration. cBubble was written in Bmax, the igShowcase example was written in C++ with OpenGl.

If you have an app that you want to test then please let me know and I'll be happy to show you it working.

Regards,

Tim.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#6]
Also, for free:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=54824
There is mine.

It will soon be updated with an installer maker. It is also being given support for direct communication between ghMain and ghEmbedder, which means that it will soon be possible to display web pages (along with target (_self, _blank, myFrame, _top, _parent) which is the exact same as in HTML), download data, upload data, move/resize the plugin window, and set the text in the status bar.
That support will also mean the release of ghDownload, which is a module that works much like igLoader and OSA-Kit in that it downloads, executes, and embeds applications completely automatically.

The only reason why the next update won't already support ghMain <> ghEmbedder communication (and, thus, ghDownload) is because of Internet Explorer support.

Really, I'm sorry to complicate things. Unfortunately, I am a big supporter of two words: Open Source. Both Grasshopper and the program that it was originally developed for will be open source. Basically, if you want a way to quickly showcase your games on the Internet where the user can instantly download it and see it at work, use igLoader. If you want ease of use, use igLoader. If you want a way to easily develop your very own web plugins with anything without needing to constantly be thinking about the plugin and still have complete open-endedness or you want to develop a web plugin in whatever programming language you like (be it BlitzMax, Purebasic, D, B, A, or even BlitzBasic) try Grasshopper.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#7]
Well said :)

You make an interesting point about webpages, and network data transfer, igLoader already supports this, and on all browsers. Please try the igShowcase tool, it's a WIP 3d Model viewer application that utilises the integrated network commands.

One thing, and I get asked this all the time.... How will ghDownload handle the security issue?

I too support open source, but only after I have supported my Wife and child :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#8]
Security issue is handled by prompting the user regarding whether or not to download the file, and the rest is generally handled by the user's computer. (Working the same way as a regular Internet download). So, yes, it is a bit insecure. I have considered an online blacklist to help limit this problem.

Don't worry -- igLoader and ghBlah are still completely different from eachother and can co-exist even with the same user :)

(BTW: I modified the bottom of my above post to be a tad less biased)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#9]
Don't worry -- igLoader and ghBlah are still completely different from eachother and can coexist even with the same person :)

Heh, I agree totally.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#10]
This is incredible work by both parties.

Can you guys make sure that these are put into the Toolbox so that we can find them easily when we get round to needing them? It probably means that the Toolbox will need a 'Web Apps' section - never thought I'd see the day!