Texture Flag 4 question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Texture Flag 4 question

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#1]
I am surprised that I didn't notice this problem yet: when I use the textureflag 4 for masked textures, the masking rgb color needs to be black, alpha channel information (of eg. a 32 Bit TGA) seems to be ignored by LoadTexture, as well as by TextureFilter and when Loading a Mesh that contains Flag infos (eg. .B3D).

This isn't very useful because I'd like to have eg. a green background while the alpha information (zero or >zero for masked mode) stored in the alpha channel, just like the alpha flag works.

Of course I know there are several ways to repaint the RGB channels of a masked texture. But how do I determine if a texture or brush of a loaded Mesh is using the Mask flag?

I know how to track down the used textures of a mesh, but is there a way to find out it's texture flags?

add(Posted 2005) [#2]
Easyest solution is to load you images into a paint program, find the black pixels (0,0,0) and set them to non black (0,0,1). Then select your alpha and set their color to black(0,0,0).

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#3]
Of course I know, that isn't the problem. The problem is: when you use an other RGB color than black, regardless of the Alpha Channel, blitz won't mask it in masked textures. Even when the alpha channel says "totally black". RGB must be black.