Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problem with Graphics3D and two monitors

Pinete(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all,
Please, someone has checked what's happen
if you try to initialize the 3D graphics with
the commmand "Graphics3D" and you have two monitors
connected to the graphics card?

In my case, Blitz is nit capable of making the
initialization. It reports "Unable to open 3D mode"...

If I go to desktop properties and deactivate the second monitor, all goes well again, but it seems like if Blitz
encountered some kind of problem when windows or the graphic card are managing two monitors... I don't know..

Some idea or related information?

thanks in advance!

JoeGr(Posted 2005) [#2]
Not much help, but I can tell you that the same thing used to happen to me when I was running two monitors, exactly as you describe.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#3]
I have a GeForce 6600 with two monitors attached. When using B3d in dual mode you must be careful what you ask for.

Get the 'Start' programme out of any of the sample files in the B3d default samples folder - and check what should be available.

Remember that the height width ratio is unusual because you are using none standard sizes.

I'll go and find out which one work for you and which don't (on my system at any rate - I guess it'll be different on other systems).

Graphics3D 1600,600,32
Graphics3d 1920,600,32
Graphics3d 2048, 768,32

These seems to work across two screens okay, and there does not seem to be a framerate hit - im running an EasyTOK simulation with a bout 20-30 bouncy balls and a 13 board - 28 linked hinged suspended ropebridge!

Anything bigger reports unable to create 3d scene - presumably due to memory on my card, although I have 256MB DDR ram on there.

Here's the proof:

www.smartscreenuk.com/Ropebridge.jpg

IPete2.

Pinete(Posted 2005) [#4]
Solved!
I've installed the latest ati catalyst drivers and all seems to be ok!
:)

Thanks!

DQ(Posted 2005) [#5]
yeah, i'm using a radeon 9600xt 256 and i have no problems with 2 monitors and blitz running fullscreen.