Collision library screen

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Collision library screen

poopla(Posted 2005) [#1]
Screen from a collision library I started working on last night for a current WIP.

The screen shows Line segment->Line segment, and circle->line segment. Which as far as algorithms go, is demonstrating ray->circle, line->line, circle->line, ray->line segment etc. etc.

The red box at the intersection of the two line segments is of course the line segment -> line segment intersection, and the red circle is intersecting the line segment on the left.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
looks good so far. Is it fast?

poopla(Posted 2005) [#3]
I don't see why it shouldn't be... but I havn't stress tested yet. I'll post some results after I replace my old routines with it. And finish off the "Body" of it. My plan was to make it 'like' blitz3d's setup but for hadling collision detection for 2d application. I have to add rotation support, and decide if I'm going to do anything with pixel perfect collisions first.

gosse(Posted 2005) [#4]
is it based off nPoly?

poopla(Posted 2005) [#5]
No, nPoly didn't suit my needs or facilitate expansion I would have liked to do to it.

I tried to get a hold of you when I was planning to just edit nPoly, but you weren't responding in IRC, so I started something that would do what I needed.

[edit]
I'd appreciate if you would defer any remarks aimed at insinuating honest coders are thieves elsewhere. Sheesh.

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#6]
I don't think he was implying that, and even if he was you're better off just giving him the benefit of the doubt. Just interpret "based off" as "had a couple ideas inspired by"

poopla(Posted 2005) [#7]
Point being, if it was based off it, I would have stated the fact as required in the distributions EULA. Beyond that, it was rude. End. Of. Story.

gosse(Posted 2005) [#8]
Woah there, don't get on your high horses, I was just wondering since you had PM'ed me on IRC asking about nPoly.
I was not accusing you of anything.
Yes, by based I indeed meant if you used parts of nPoly's code. Just looking to know, 'cause if it would have been nPoly's code, I could have given you a hand.
Relax a bit

poopla(Posted 2005) [#9]
Sorry m8, been a long day