Application path is where?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Application path is where?

Boulderdash(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have written an emulator in blitz basic because of its nice and fast 2d blit.

Problem is once I create an executable and run that the currentdir() command points to the desktop shortcut not the actual application path where the extra files are!

Which is totally useless isnt it unless I want to load the desktop shortcut.

HOW WOULD THE THE BLITZ EXECUTABLE KNOW WHERE THE EXTRA FILES ARE? AS THE USER CAN CHANGE THE INSTALLATION PATH WHEN INSTALLING.

This a very big hurdle to get around and my program is pretty much useless until I get help!

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#2]
a$ = SystemProperty("appdir")
ChangeDir a$

Good luck my friend!

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#3]
An emulator, wow!

VP(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hey Gav, your homepage is dead :'(

What are you emulating? I'm curious to see your project :)

Jams(Posted 2005) [#5]
"the currentdir() command points to the desktop shortcut not the actual application path"

Right click on the shorcut > properties > the "Start In" text box should be your install directory, if it's blank the root dir will be desktop.

There should be some way your installer can put the correct folder in there....

Boulderdash(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi, vinylpusher,

Thanks for pointing out that I was using my old url

Try:

Http://www.gstsoftware.co.nz/

Im emulating a 1982 Arcadia 2001 console.

There is only one other emulator for this system(MESS)
But that's DOS based and DOS is dead.

ITs not quite finished ,Im working right know on getting the CPU address page right by the end of this year you should be able to download the fully finished and polished product.

PS. It will come with a built in compiler That users will be able to create home-brews

Anybody can join in early next year when I start making homebrews!!!!

Boulderdash(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks Kurix

I didnt even know about that command, I thought I was going to have to open and read the short-cut file,

Problem with that is im not sure if there is a difference in-side the shortcut files between different windows versions.