VertexTexCoords...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/VertexTexCoords...

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#1]
Allrighty, this doesn't help much:

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/b3ddocs/command.php?name=VertexTexCoords&ref=3d_cat

So, I have a model/mesh with two sets of UVs and load that. I then texture it with a texture I load separately and assign the loaded texture to the second set of UVs. Fine. I can do that without problems.

Now I want to move the vertices on the second UV-map to a new position - how do I do that? For example so that if my texture map is divided in the four different color quadrants I could change the color of the mesh/vertex by moving the vertex in to a appropriate quadrant in a uv-map.

Anyone? I'm stuck.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
Can't you use vertexTexCoords() to select which set of texture co-ords you wish to use?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
Use the optional parameter to select the second UV set.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#4]
From that link above:
coord_set (optional) - co_oord set. Should be set to 0 or 1.

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#5]
I'm not understanding your problem, or that RaGR guy. The documentation seems pretty clear to me. Do you mean you need a code sample?

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#6]
Ho-hum... lemme investigate further. My mesh might NOT contain the second UV-set, so it can't work of course.

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#7]
Not sure if I understand your problem either but remember you need to set the coord set you want that texture to use via the TEXTURECOORDS command.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yup, I used TextureCoords, but it did not have any effect. I thought I was doing something wrong but it might be that my mesh was faulty.