Wiping transictions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Wiping transictions

Seldon(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi ! Are there any samples for wiping/fading screen transictions in 3D ?? Thank you. I'd like to make Chirstmas screensaver. :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
There are some transition examples in the code archives (2D Graphics), although I'd suggest to use a quad containing a pixelperfect texture that displays picture A, and then crossfade to pic or scene B. If both scenes have to be animated (real 3D) then I'd try to use two cameras, copy the render of the first one to a texture buffer and use the mentioned quad with scene B.

First of all you need to align a quad or sprite to the camera in a way that it's texture looks absolutely the same as a 2D image. You may find some pixel perfect examples in the code archives too.

Seldon(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thank you ! Yes, I don't need animated scenes.. actually I could use 2D only, but for some effects 3D is faster. I remember that on BlitzCoder, there was a collections of many fading effects, but now it's closed.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Blitzcoder showcase is still there, only the entrance portal isn't accessible any longer. You may find it in the showcase:
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_frontpage.pl