Edit .b3d files?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Edit .b3d files?

martonic(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi - what tools are available for editing a .b3d file?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#2]
It depends really on what you mean by edit. If you want to create a .b3d from scratch then many modellers have an export option for the .b3d format - 3ds Max ( for the rich) and Milkshape ( for the poor like me !)are commonly used. There is a free exporter for Max (.b3d pipeline) which is excellent. Milkshape has a plugin exporter for .b3d.
There is also the option to use Quill3d which is an excellent tool for the .b3d format as its written in Blitz3d. It includes an very good level builder.

For lightmapping gile[s] is probably the best.

For animation you can use CharacterFX or Fragmotion - Fragmotion is newer and has an excellent range of import/export options including .b3d of course.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#3]
Smiff! Why aren't you plugging PaceMaker? :P

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#4]
The B3D Tweak Utility, by Michael Reitzenstein.

http://www.quickiegames.com/tools/tweakutility/index.html

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#5]
Oh yes - forgot about that one ! ;)

Chad(Posted 2005) [#6]
To go along with this question, I have a question..

In Gile(s) can I have small lights, such as ones in a ceiling fan but have them not light up so much but just give the look as a light?

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#7]
Gile[s] is an excellent tool for editing .b3d, you can do everything bar animation and vertex editing.

Yes you can have as small a light as you want and in any colour! =)

As for 3D modellers I would not go with Quill since as far as I am aware it is no longer supported and my own experience with it is that it does have a few bugs.

3D World Studio is a much more powerful and better supported application for level building and exports to .b3d too.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yes 3D World Studio is really a very powerful tool but for level building and exporting to B3d format.

Excellent for all sorts of reasons.

IPete2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#9]
NOt sure if it was said, if you buy UltimateUnwrap3D, you 'll be able to convert common formats to/from .B3D and therefor you may choose any modelling tool. Tho, the mentioned tools are very useful too, of course.

ervin(Posted 2007) [#10]
Hi all.

Just resurrecting this thread to ask a simple question:

Does anyone know if Michael Reitzenstein's B3D Tweak Utility is still all fine and dandy for the latest version of Blitz3D?

Thanks for any help.