Lightbulb ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Lightbulb ?

cash(Posted 2005) [#1]
Probably the wrong forum, but anyone know where to get lightbulb from.

Its in the Toolbox lightmapper section but I cannot download it. Perhaps someone has it.......

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
You could try emailing the author. I dunno if that's still his correct email addy though.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/showuser.php?id=3179

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#3]
Why are you looking for it? It was a useful tool when it first appeared a few years ago, but at this point it is far outclassed by gile[s]. Meanwhile, Slim Shady has the functionality of Lightbulb but is free.

cash(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hmmm. Perhaps I should try Giles. I have tried Slim Shady but it doesnt like my models much and I dont want to redo them all to fix the issues.

I just thought Lightbulb may be another one to try as it is listed in the toolbox.

I am always using the forum as I respect the majority of people who use it properly. Thanks Ross I think I will still try to test and email the author.

Joe: I will also check out Giles if you rate it..

All I want is something which produces reasonable output relatively quickly rather than hours of rendering.

I dont mind paying either....

Cheers..

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#5]
Gile[s] is top notch. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like it. Some people say, it's better than alot of pricey lightmappers.

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yes Gile[s], it's better than alot of pricey lightmappers.

One of my best purchases.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#7]
Gile[s] rules..thats for sure..

Pinete(Posted 2005) [#8]
yes, it's true, gile[s] is absolutely amazing.
I'm a registered user and I must to say that it is one of
the better choices ever.
Try it, gile[s] will not fail, sure!

regards!