Blitzvision3D - Truevision3D wrapper

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitzvision3D - Truevision3D wrapper

seyhajin(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all,

i started wrapper commands of Truevision3D

look the post there : http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53288

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
sounds good so far, but what's that black screen screenie?

OJay(Posted 2005) [#3]
maybe you should do this as a module for bmax, since i see absolutly no use for that in blitz3d.
if one buys blitz3d, then one wants a simple rocksolid 3d engine for high combatibility purposes.
if one wants all the newest graphical features one would buy bmax (and learn to code ogl) or learn c/c++.

it makes no sense to risk breaking the stability of blitz3d by using an external 3d engine.

period. :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#4]
OJay has a point. Why a new 3D engine when Blitz3D is effectively a 3D engine?

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#5]

maybe you should do this as a module for bmax, since i see absolutly no use for that in blitz3d.
if one buys blitz3d, then one wants a simple rocksolid 3d engine for high combatibility purposes.
if one wants all the newest graphical features one would buy bmax (and learn to code ogl) or learn c/c++.

it makes no sense to risk breaking the stability of blitz3d by using an external 3d engine.

period. :)

some people don't want to shuffle out $80 for another engine.

seyhajin(Posted 2005) [#6]
Truevision it's free for personal use :o), we have just watermark displaying on screen

but i stopped developpement

thnaks for remarks.

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#7]
after one day?

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#8]
the half finished engines for blitz never stops :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#9]
Market research is always a good idea first.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#10]
the half finished engines for blitz never stops :)

Considering the ungrateful responses the authors get ( above, not yours ) I'm not surprised they stay half finished. If I was giving away a wrapper to use something like this and I got responses like OJay's in return for my generosity, I'd probably stop work on it too. Or at least not do anything more publicly and keep it to myself.

I normally dislike bumping old posts, but this is only a couple months old, and I wanted to say thanks to Seyhajin for this. I just licensed TV3D, and I plan to write an interface between it and BMax. This will come in very handy to help me get started.

Hambone(Posted 2006) [#11]
Seems a lot of folks are starting to get into TV3D. I did and I love it. I too would like to thank Seyhajin. Wrapping TV3D 6.5 for use in BlitzMax would be stunning. I would like nothing more than to ditch the bloatware of .net (still using VB6 for crap sake) I don't have a lot time on my hands so I would definitely buy the wrapper!

Gabriel, you should take this into the TV3D forums. It would help promote BlitzMax and allow others to jump on the band wagon. Anyway you handle it, count me in as a fan.

Allan

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#12]
Heh, well don't get too hopeful yet. I can't currently persuade MinGW to accept the C++ header files for 6.5, but I'm pretty determined, and I did pick up a few things from wrapping Haaf's Game Engine, so I'll give it my best shot.

If I can come up with anything worth releasing, it'll be a free module, source included. If it's half-finished but partially functional, I'll just post what I have in case someone else can finish it. I wouldn't charge for a wrapper for someone else's engine.

TV3D does seem to get getting some attention lately. I'm surprised it hasn't got more though. Looking at the demos, the docs and the model viewer, it's a very impressive and logical piece of work.