Anyone know why?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anyone know why?

DH(Posted 2005) [#1]
Why would going between fullscreen to windowed change the way the meshes appear?

I have an app that loads a few meshes. When they are in windowed mode, everything is fine. When they are in full screen, it looks like all the meshes are fliped (normals).

They have a Geforce6800, any thoughts?

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#2]
Driver bug?

DH(Posted 2005) [#3]
drivers are up to date, still the problem remains. Not sure what is causing this.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#4]
I ran into something similar to this, which turned out to be a Z-buffer issue. Try changing your colour depth to 32? Try reducing your CameraRange?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#5]
Do you change graphic mode half way... ie start off in windowed mode then switch to full screen? If so this can bugger stuff up if you don't reload everything after a mode change.

DH(Posted 2005) [#6]
Do you change graphic mode half way... ie start off in windowed mode then switch to full screen? If so this can bugger stuff up if you don't reload everything after a mode change.

Nope, right to full screen and loading the gfx from there on out.

I ran into something similar to this, which turned out to be a Z-buffer issue. Try changing your colour depth to 32? Try reducing your CameraRange?

Was it on a High end geforce?

I personally dont have a geforce6800 to test on (ti4200). I would like to get one, but they are all pciexpress, which would require a complete upgrade on my system. The thing is, the app works fine on my end, no issues with the gfx.

The issue is occuring on the designer's pc who happens to be a few states away from me. I have no way of testing this for myself and was hoping someone experienced something similar on a similar card.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#7]
Was it on a High end geforce?

If a GeForce4 MX 440 is high end, then yes.

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#8]
I have ti4200, but no such problem.

DH(Posted 2005) [#9]
If a GeForce4 MX 440 is high end, then yes.

Sorry, at this point a high end geforce is 5900 and above.

Does anyone have a GF6800?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#10]
Sounds like a driver issue if it's only happening with certain cards. Have you tried asking people to roll back to an earlier driver version to see if that solves the problem?