Combining Lightmaps, Vertex Alpha & FullBright

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Combining Lightmaps, Vertex Alpha & FullBright

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is it possible to combine all three elements in one mesh? A lightmapped mesh with two textures layers, the lightmap using multiply blend and the color map using alpha blend, I have to use FullBright to disable lighting on the mesh. With all that done, I can't seem to find a way to get vertex colors working. Is there a way or do I have to pick one or the other?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
EntityFX mesh,1+2+32?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yep. It's not in code, rather it's the brush properties in 3dsMax, but yes, Full Bright, Force Alpha and Use Vertex Colors flags are all set. I'm guessing that fullbright disables vertex colors and alpha, but not positive.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
Full Bright only disables the vertices being affected by lights. That's all it should do :o)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#5]
Apparently the problem was having them all part of the same mesh in 3dsMax. I'm not sure why this should make any difference, but it did. With them as separate entities, it works fine. It's kinda annoying, but probably not the end of the world.