Network

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Network

Baystep Productions(Posted 2005) [#1]
The most confusing topic for me, is fast network systems. Server and client codes. Ecpecialy 3D. So, my question is, after looking the throught the code archives, what in your opinion is the best Network system to use?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2005) [#2]
raknet. and its free.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yep, use my raknet wrapper, free, fast, stable, great!

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've been using BlitzPlay for networking and it works great, but I haven't tried raknet (only heard about it yesterday.) I'm gonna have to test it out.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#5]
The only problem about BlitzPlay is some little bugs that will not be fixed right now because the creator is dissapeared...

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#6]
The 'disappeared' creator (Surreal) has replied to all my emails promptly over the last few months, and I haven't even bought BlitzPlay yet.

Nothing against RakNet - it looks good, it's free and it's current - but BlitzPlay has been well-proven for years now.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#7]
I am happy to know that Surreals is still there, seriously. I really had preferred to have those little bugs fixed instead of changing all the code to Raknet...

Baystep Productions(Posted 2005) [#8]
Great stuff! Raknet shall do it. Thanks guys

Andy(Posted 2005) [#9]
What's the difference between Raknet and BP?

EDIT: Ahhhh, so RakNet is a cross-platform networking system that someone have made a wrapper for.

Is BP also a wrapper?

Andy

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#10]
BP is a library of functions that uses the UDP Socket functions from Blitz3D directly, and integrates multiplayer management like joining, teams, kicking, banning, etc...

Andy(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks Kurix, BP it is then...

Andy