Manual Animation ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Manual Animation ?

cash(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have an animated model created in Milkshape and all is fine.

I would like to manually animate a few of the joints from direct coding in Blitz. Nothing complex just basic rotation of a few selected joints.

If I cant do this I will have to redo all the animation in Milkshape to get a few missed movements.....

Any examples, Suggestions ?

Matty(Posted 2005) [#2]
If you've named the bones in milkshape (eg as 'left elbow') then you can do a 'find child' command in blitz3d and compare the entityname$ of the child (if entityname$(childentity)="left elbow") and simply rotate / scale / position the bone with regular entity commands. However - if you try running an animation from milkshape and want to alter bones position in code at the same time then that won't work.

cash(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks...

Basically an animation needs to be called to run once using animate mode 3 Then I want to tweak a few joints after.

I will try it....It may work.

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#4]
if you try running an animation from milkshape and want to alter bones position in code at the same time then that won't work.

Make your tweaks after UpdateWorld. Bone positions are changed in the playing animation at/by UpdateWorld, so anything you do to the bones before UpdateWorld will be nullified by them snapping to the animation.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#5]
here's a code sample from the archives - you can rotate the head using the cursor keys.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=660

cash(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks guys....I look forward to trying it...(Sad really)

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#7]
Not sad. I totally get jazzed up whenever I figure out something I'm trying to program, and I can't wait to get home to test it out.

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#8]
Spot on. Thanks jhocking for the hint about UpdateWorld.

cash(Posted 2005) [#9]
Works great thanks guys.