VARDX7.DLL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/VARDX7.DLL

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#1]
There is a superb ANISOTROPIC DX7 DLL floating around here somewhere - I had it at home and the end results for StuntCarRacing were excellent, but yesterday I deleted the .decls by accident and now I can't find the ZIP file.

Anyone know where it is? I had a new version re-written by the author to work with WinXP, and the DLL was called VARDX7.DLL and VARDX7.decls I believe.

Note that I do not mean the older version which is called DX7TEST.DLL and DX7TEST.decls.

Can the author please contact me again? I can't remember who it was. Might have been Cygnus / Damien?

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#2]
I believe the DX7TEST.dll was by Tom.

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ah, just found 1 email, it was from Damien Sturdy - Damien, if you read this, can you send me the ZIP file again please for the new DLL????

Wayne(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'd like a copy of that as well, please.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#5]
Isn't the zip still attached to the old email, vorderman?

John J.(Posted 2005) [#6]
I think I have it, still with the original example. I'll check...

John J.(Posted 2005) [#7]
Nevermind.. I just have the "older" version (dx7test.dll). As Bouncer said, I think it was by Tom.

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#8]
Ah, found the link from Damien - hopefully he won't mind me sharing this as the DLL is excellent -
http://damiensturdy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AnistropicFilter.zip

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#9]
updated link:

http://damientsturdy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AnistropicFilter.zip

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#10]
Hmm, there is also a customizable anisotropic filter in FastEXT lib.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#11]
Cygnus, I just wanted to check, is this free to use\include in commercial products?

Also what is the main difference between the two versions? Which is the latest?

Jason.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#12]
Tom created the DLL- but he released it for us all to use. It's just a wrap of DX7 functions that B3D lacked.

I have no idea which one is newest, that one probably isn't. I DO have another one lying around with clip planes etc in- those are really useful. Can't find it at the mo though.

Sledge(Posted 2008) [#13]
See my sig.