DrawMovie with rotation ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/DrawMovie with rotation ?

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#1]
[edit]
Just found BlitzMovie -problem solved (probably)
[/edit]

I have some AVI files that I took in portrait mode with my digital camera. I have tried rotating them in Windows Moviemaker (without success) or trying to find some other editor... no luck.

... so I thought it might be easy to just knock up a little player in B3D and use a rotated camera (or entity - whichever is easiest) to show the movies.

The DrawMovie is a 2D command, so is there any easy way to get it drawn onto an entity (e.g. a face of a cube.) I seem to recall seeing an example that does this, but can't locate it in the CodeArcs or the Samples folder.

A mpg player has been removed from the codearcs :-( and I seem to recall jfk working on movie blitting stuff. I guess that we are talking about locking buffers and drawing to them,etc. - just wonder if this exists anywhere already as this is a throwaway example to please my nephews and niece (who star in the clips.)

Can anyone help ?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
I know you've found your solution, but couldn't you setbuffer texturebuffer(texture), then draw the movie to the texture?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
This should work: (Obviously just change the movie filename, to the one your using :o) )

Graphics3D 800,600
SetBuffer BackBuffer()

Global camera = CreateCamera()
PositionEntity camera,0,0,-5

Global cube = CreateCube()

Global texture = CreateTexture(512,512)

EntityTexture cube,texture

Global movie = OpenMovie("movie.mpg")

While Not KeyHit(1)

TurnEntity cube,1,1,0

SetBuffer TextureBuffer(texture)
	DrawMovie movie,0,0
	SetBuffer BackBuffer()

UpdateWorld
	RenderWorld
	Flip
Wend
End

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#4]
That's spot on RossC. With a little bit of tweaking I should have a multi-faced video cube up and running soon.

U r0xx0r... err... or something like that !