trap all input?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/trap all input?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#1]
OK I know this is probably a simple question... but here goes... I want to TRAP all input from the PS2 keyboard... this would include NON-ASCII keys...

It would also include a MAG STRIP reader on the keyboard that essentially just loads the keybuffer and squirts the info out as keyboard is polled by program...

Is there a way I can read the keyboard buffer?

This isn't some hack job... I have to test POS keyboards and can't seem to read anything other than the ASCII set.

Rook

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
you can try keydown 0 to 255.

Something like
while keydown(1)=0
for i=0 to 255
 if keydown(i) then print "you pressed key n."+i
next
wend

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hey! That seems to do the trick! Thanks JFK

VP(Posted 2005) [#4]
Replace keydown with keyhit, it will tell you if it was hit, not if it is being pressed at the exact same moment you happen to be calling keydown()...

While KeyDown(1)=0
    For i%=0 To 255
        If KeyHit(i%) Then Print "you pressed key n."+i%
    Next
Wend

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
Vinylpusher... (interesting name by the way! :) ) That lets me see a better image of what is read by the MAG STRIPE from the keyboard... YAY! Now if I could just read F13, F14, and F15 all would be wonderful...
Thanks
Rook

VP(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hmm, F13, F14 and F15 should be scancodes 100, 101 and 102 respectively.

Does nothing happen when you press those keys (no scancode at all)?

You might find this useful at some point.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
nada occours... I have an older OmniKey/PLUS keyboard... My dads... I love it! The keys have just the righr click and crispness to them... This is hard to find nowadays!

Does anyone know how big the keyboard buffer is?

RZ

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#8]
FIXED IT:
Wasn't explaining things correctly to my tired old brain... Thanks for the scancodes!
RZ

VP(Posted 2005) [#9]
Fair play :)