Animate Function

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Animate Function

Rafiq(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey Guys. ..I just modelled a robot in 3D Max and also made a city. the robot has a few fframes of animation . I placed the robot within the city and exported the whole thing is a .3ds file. In blitz when I use the FINDCHILD command to search for the the robot it does find it ..but when I try to run the ANIMATE command, it gives me a "Entity Has no Animation" error. Has this happened to anybody else. By the way I did animate the robot ..

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Are you useing rotate/scale/move animations in Max? Did you use LoadAnimMesh instead of LoadMesh in Blitz?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#3]
The 3ds format has no support for skeletal or vertex animation, so if you used either, you're going to have to use the .b3d format.

Rafiq(Posted 2005) [#4]
I am using rotate/scale/move animations in Max. is it possible to have different animations associated with different children in the same .3ds file

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#5]
That shouldn't be a problem. Post the model somewhere if you like. I don't mind verifying that it loads ok in other languages/tools/etc.

EDIT: Woah, you can't export the city and the robot in the same file. Export them separately.

Rafiq(Posted 2005) [#6]
I've deciced to go with .b3d format and everything seems to work fine..thanks a lot guys