Disable intial GFX window?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Disable intial GFX window?

Blaine(Posted 2005) [#1]
I was wondering, is there any way to disable the GFX window that B3D automatically brings up when the program starts? So that you have to explicitely initalize it, like in Blitz+? I just ask this because it takes about a second or so for the graphics to come up, in which you can see that window, which is annoying.

PS, it's OK if I simply have to hack the compiled *.exe, too.

[edit]Oops! Typo in the topic title![/edit]

John J.(Posted 2005) [#2]
Actually, that initial window is shown for a very small instant (on my computer, at least). It stays on-screen for an extended period of time only (as far as I have seen) when you execute some sort of time-consuming loading code before you initialize the GFX mode. I'm sure a EXE hack isn't necessary, unless you absolutely will not tolerate that window. I actually prefer a blank window to no window at all, since I can know that something's loading, not having to wonder whether I double-clicked the EXE correctly.

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#3]
Everything you'll ever need to know about hiding the startup window, including multiple methods, is in this thread:

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=37093

+BlackD

Blaine(Posted 2005) [#4]
BlackD: Yep. IT WERKS!!!!!

JJ: No, I really cannot tolerate that window. :P

The reason why I asked in the first place is because, I think, that little window popping up like that looks very unprofessional, and I don't want my stuff looking like that.