Vertex color

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Vertex color

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
..during my project i did in past month, I face one interesting problem...basically problem was with lightmaps becouse they have to be pretty huge resolution to give me desired effect..since whole area (few buildings completely interactive with furniture and all stuff in apartments) is very big, I split things in to smaller pieces but still need to produce 1024x1024 lightmaps at least to make things looking good..now..I want to release system somehow from this big lightmap textures, so I try to do that with reading vertex rgb values from one mesh with only lightmap applied on it and from one with textures aplied on it.. geometry on both meshes is completely same except I apply textures as I explain before..now, Im trying to get vertex color difference between same vertex on lightmaped and difuse textured mesh, to make difuse textured mesh shaded with lightmapped mesh information, and after that release from memory lightmap and lightmaped mesh...by now things not working well, so does anyone did this things before, and if yes, some examples or suggestions is welcome..