Terrains with flicked up edges...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Terrains with flicked up edges...

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have had this problem before, and i cant remeber how i fixed it.

I load a height map into a terrain and i get this weird flick up at the edges. The edge verts are like fixed in the middle of the air.

Can someone save me a heap of time and remind me how to fix the bloody problem.

Cheers.

simonh(Posted 2005) [#2]
A 1 pixel black border around your height map?

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah but i want to put 4 terrains next to eachother all matched up at the edges, and it doesnt look right with a massive big gap between each of them.

Any other ideas?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
just make them overlapping one segment. From what I know 2 sides don't work as they should (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's maybe best to hide them.

gpete(Posted 2005) [#5]
Make sure that each height map has an edge border of 2 pixels that are the same exact color. This will translate into matching heights at the edges. Just like simonh said....black (RGB 0,0,0) = zero height, or any other exact RGB value

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#6]
Dunno if this would work but you could put all four textures side by side in photoshop, then use the healing or smudge tool and blend the edges. Dunno about what would happen to the weird edge elevation, but I remember I've had a similar problem too.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#7]
I've also had the same problem, which tells me that it is probably Blitz's fault :(