Polygon Limit in Blitz

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Polygon Limit in Blitz

S_Seth(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've lately been working with higher polygon modellers and I was wondering if Blitz3D has an upper limit for polygons for a specific entity. I am using .3ds for my figures. Any feedback is appreciated.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
DirextX has a limit of (IIRC) 64K vertices. So that's your upper limit.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
I successfuly drive around 780K polys (multiple meshes with occulsion) at min 65 FPS.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
64K vertices per surface.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#5]
3ds has a limit on 64k too, so that won't be a problem :)

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#6]
The limit is generally your hardware.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#7]
The safe limit for verts/tris per surface is ~32000. Anything above this may work or may not so it's best to stay safe. We looked into this issue some time ago and found some very strange/inconsistant results above 32000.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#8]
Woooooo Naughty Alien, I'd like to see the game/app that you are talking about...that's a lot of work 780K polys!

Ipete2.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#9]
sure Ipete..by the way, it is not game..its interactive virtual walktrough I'm finalizing right now...after I finish, I'll post it here as one of the comercial products done with Blitz3D..but a lot of details, furniture, reflections, swimming pools, and fountains..anyway, soon I'll post it here..lights and modelling done in 3DSMAX...

P.S.
maybe I express myself wrong..I mean total amount of loaded polys is around 750K, and around 26K while you moving in real time since I use occlusion..