SMS?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/SMS?

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there a way to possibly use blitz to send text messages to cell phones using SMS?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#2]
If you have a phone line, I'm sure you could find the protocol and send SMS. If you're on broadband, you'd need to use a SMS messaging service that has a phone connection - you could I guess use blitz to communicate with that website.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
There are lots of different ways to do it. Do a search for "SMS gateway". Expect to bulk buy tho. You don't need a phone connection.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
yes, many webpages offer that service. simply send the form data (see html post in the archives). Con: you never know when they change their webpage or stop the service. If you want to use it for an app you plan to release, you probably better send the sms to your webserver, and a script on your webserver will then forward it to a working sms service.

Danny(Posted 2005) [#5]
Just a warning that most of those websites that offer temporary (!) "free sms service" do so in order to sell your mobile number to other companies, and spam the living daylights out of you... So I would be carefull before you start using it on yourself or your friends ;)
I had loads of crap like that before..