Uploading high scores from Blitz

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Uploading high scores from Blitz

Mousey(Posted 2005) [#1]
Has anyone got any tips on how I would go about uploading high scores from a game to my web site (for a "live" high score table)? I imagine the answer involves something spooky like PHP, but at present I only know HTML and obviously Blitz. Any advice on how to get started would be much appreciated!

[EDIT] The game [A http://delidash.acsv.net/main.php"]"Deli Dash"[/A] has this feature, and was written in Blitz, so at least I know it can be done!

Warren(Posted 2005) [#2]
You're going to have to learn PHP as it's the easiest way to do it. Anything else is going to require connecting up Blitz to the MySQL client DLLs and doing direct function calls which is far more complicated and rife with problems.

Mousey(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks for the reply Warren. I'm prepared to learn enough PHP to get the job done (or modify a ready made Public Domain script), but am not sure how I would execute the PHP script from within Blitz? This is where I need the most help.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
..or write a client in blitz<something> to update your HTML page :P Thats how i did it before now.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#5]
There's some discussion here

Mousey(Posted 2005) [#6]
Great thought Cygnus and great link tonyg! Many thanks guys, now I've got something to work on, and don't have to fret about PHP!