Invisible mesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Invisible mesh

Moraldi(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello everybody!.
Does anyone know how can i make an invisble mesh but also active to collisions. I want to stop the player character when the player reaches to the borders of the game level

Ezbe(Posted 2005) [#2]
EntityAlpha EntityHandle%, 0.0

Moraldi(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks Ezbe,
But i didn't mention that i want to do this using the game level creator (DeleD Pro). I don't know how to get the entity handles from the game level to set the Alpha. Is there any special texturing for these meshes perhaps during design from within level design program?

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've no idea how deleDpro works but it may be simpler to leave your level as is and create the boundary in code using a simple cube like so ...

bound = createcube()
positionmesh bound 0,0,1
scalemesh bound, levelwidth, levelheight, leveldepth
flipmesh bound
entityalpha bound, 0
collisiontype bound, YourCollisionType

Stevie.

Zethrax(Posted 2005) [#5]
If you need to find the entity handles for models composed of multiple parts organized into a parent-child heirarchy, you need to set the namestrings of the individual models in the modelling program and then load the model using LoadAnimMesh.

You can then use FindChild to search for the entity handles of the individual entities, using the names you've assigned. Once you have the entity handles, you can use them to set the alpha.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#6]
Bills idea is the best. Using the name of the mesh, you can tag properties onto your meshes, so when you load in the mesh, find child, you can then parse the name of the mesh. You might want to perhaps have certain meshes moving round a waypoint system or what not.

Moraldi(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks gays, i think this is the most "elegant" solution