Registry access (and yes, I've done a search)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Registry access (and yes, I've done a search)

Jake L.(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I'm in the need of simple registry-acces from my blitz-app.
I searched this (and other) sites, got a handfull of links, but every single link was broken. If anyone has a working DLL/Lib on his/her hardrive, could you please upload it?

Thanks

Jake

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#2]
Doesn't this work?

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1135

Jake L.(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sure, it does. I thought more of a DLL or set of functions like WriteRegString, WriteRegInt etc.. Some DLLs that provide this functions were postet, but that links are broken. So I'm gonna write these functions for myself.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#4]
Consider allowing the Installer handle your Registry needs: NSIS. A FREE Scriptable Installer that gives access to the Registery in the install process.

If you need access to the registry when executing the program, I would suggest an alternative such as write/read to a data file.

Shifty Geezer(Posted 2005) [#5]
As Frank says, for in program data you're better keeping to a local data set. The Registry was a REALLY bad idea for keeping local program settings and MS are supposedly moving away from it and back to local .ini and data files. The only reason for Registry work is install keys IMO, or to find information on other installed programs.