Anyone got any "CopyAnimMesh" Code?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anyone got any "CopyAnimMesh" Code?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi All.

I'm looking for some code that will replicate an entity loaded with LoadAnimMesh. A quick search/scan of the code archives doesnt show anything.

I've tried to do it a few times in the past my own way but its something i always fail on- This time, I've decided i need help.

I dont suppose anyone has some code that does this lying around? :D

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#2]
Only copyEntity works as there aren't any low level bone copying commands.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
I should have said:

Well, there are no bones, simply entities and child entities. I can't use copyentity as i manipulate the meshes of each copy- Manipulating a mesh created with CopyEntity manipulates all of the copied meshes in the scene.

I know its as simple as using itteration and storing the details, but i couldn't get that to work.

I'll have another go at writing my own routine tomorow if there are no code snippets lying around :)

Thanks

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#4]
Plenty in code archives to do this.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yeah there Seems to be plenty of half code.

What i need to do:

Store parents rotation, position.
Store each of parents children's rotation and position (Local information will do)
Store each of the children's children's rotation and position (hehe)

Indeed its not difficult, but there must be some part of the logic i skipped, cuz whenever i've tried to replicate them it doesnt work- simply replicating perhaps, one route along from the parent, or the parent and its children, but not their children...

Nothing in the code archives seems to do this :P

mongia2(Posted 2005) [#6]
copyentity not work
if i use a loadanimentity

code for:

link:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/zlUFws50.html

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks Mongia2, but that wasnt quite what i needed. I dont need to copy surfaces, but the entire structure of the entity loaded with "LoadAnimMesh". What gets loaded are simply cubes and spheres with children- its the layout of the parents and children that i need to get my hands on.

I've managed to sort the problem by finding a bit of old code that worked (and i'd forgotten i had).

Thanks for your help.