Joysticks...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Joysticks...

HippyGoth(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a Logitech Wingman Extreme3D with all the things such as twist handle, pov, throttle etc....

From what I can see, Blitz maybe a little lacking in joystick support, I really wanted to have the option of using the throttle and twist handle.

By chance is there anything out there which will recognise my Wingman and allow me to use it.

I've no problems with doing a quick dll, but reinventing the wheel is normally a pointless exercise. :)

dynaman(Posted 2005) [#2]
The only thing Blitz should not be able to do at this point is force feedback - the rest of it should be working. It's been a while since I looked at the commands for joysticks but you will have to try all the axes (not just the obvious named ones) and see which is actually used for each axis on your joystick.

HippyGoth(Posted 2005) [#3]
The only thing I've got it to do is recognise my 7 firebuttons and directions.

The POV, rotation and slider are not recognised (work fine in windows), think it's a .dll time. :)

HippyGoth(Posted 2005) [#4]
Just found some code from Dabbede which appears able to read them all. Should be able to glean all the info I need from it. It appears there are some Joy commands which are not listed in the Blitz3D manual.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#5]
HippyGoth,

Check ouut Pepsis DLL for forcefeedback as thre are source demos of multiple button, joysticks, sliders, analogues etc as well as force feedback. I use it with logitech windman joypads and steering wheels in B3d.

IPete2.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#6]
@HippGoth - Did you mean the printed manual?

If so, don't bother using the printed manual, it's hopelessly out of date.

All the joystick commands appear in the latest doc pak (available from the 'Blitz3D Updates' forum) and the on-line manual.

HippyGoth(Posted 2005) [#7]
TwoEyedPete - Printed in the sense of the one that came with the install :) .
I was getting the idea it was out of date from what I read of the on-line manual.'