ino setup problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/ino setup problem

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've created an setup file with inno setup.

It installs the program with apparently no problems, the application runs if requested after installation.

However when choosing the shortcut or menu option to run the program errors are generated.

I tried deleting the desktop shortcut and making one which then runs with no problems, has anyone else had this problem, and what did they do to fix it.

Incidentally I checked the path of the shortcuts and they are fine (well they should be as it runs, but crashes with errors):)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Problem with shortcuts and links is, the working directory of the app is not set automaticly, so you may have to add a line like

Changedir systemproperty("appdir")

at the top of your program. The same goes for .SCR screensavers you run from within the system folder.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#3]
thx, i presume you mean in the inno source code?:)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
No, in the Blitz Code

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#5]
Problem with shortcuts and links is, the working directory of the app is not set automaticly, so you may have to add a line like

Changedir systemproperty("appdir")

I thought Blitz had been updated to do this automatically now?

Also, check out :

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isfaq.php#workingdir

For the Inno fix. I tend to do it both in Blitz and Inno so that it still works if I forget one or the other.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#6]
tried out a different program ive created an install for. Works fine without any messing about. The only significant difference is that all the files are in main prog directory, unlike the program ive been having problems with. It had sub-directories!

thx for all help guys:)

Got it sorted (i hope), used: WorkingDir: {app} with the icons in innosetup.

Incidentaly I tried various ways of changing sys dir and it didnt help, when tested the sys dir was set correctly, according to blitz output anyway.