Multi UV models

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Multi UV models

Shifty Geezer(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there any way to have multiple UV sets for models? I've a round marble table with a marble texture, and a cube map for reflections. On the table's edges the reflections are very distorted and I think I could solve this with different texturing UVs. Failing that how could I apply two models, one with each texture, to the same place and have the output combined to give the impression of a single model?

GitTech(Posted 2005) [#2]
Have a look at the TextureCoords command.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm afraid Cubemapping, auto UV maps the mesh, and applies certain parts of the texture at certain normals.

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#4]
You can put two models in the same place provided they are an exact replica. Simply place the two instances together and on one instance set the alpha up with

entityAlpha <entityNo>,0.5

If there is any discrepancy in the two models vertex co-ordinates you'll get horrible bleeding as they fight to appear infront of each other.

Failing that you can specify a secondary texture using

entityTexture <entityNo>,<texture>,0,1

where ,1 is the texture instance. Some old graphics cards do not support multi-texturing and some are limited in the number of textures per surface (GeForce MX = 2, GeForce GTS = 8).

I think Secondary textures share the same UV data by default, but you can probably edit that with Blitz command although i've never tried so don't know the process.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#5]
But, you still cannot alter the texture position of a cubemap, using the UV commands :o)