.cab integration?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/.cab integration?

RRK1020(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is it possible to have a program made w/ b3d use cabinet files to read things like data. Also, write data in the cab file

tyoud(Posted 2011) [#2]
Not ideal, but can Blitz3d call out to the built-in programs: Makecab.exe and Expand.exe, which can in turn read and write data to and from cab files? Then you could write out your data, and make a cab file. Or expand a cab file, and read your data?

tyoud(Posted 2011) [#3]
Specifically - use something like the ExecFile command to pull this off - like the example where they ran calc.exe:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=ExecFile&ref=2d_cat

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#4]
Um, this post is 6 years old -.- LOL

tyoud(Posted 2011) [#5]
Another maybe better idea would be to take an existing, compiled DLL that can handle .cab files, then put that DLL into the userlibs, and make a .decls file for it.

Looking at this page, describes their own and Microsoft's Cab-handling DLLs:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/files/CABCompressExtract.aspx

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#6]
As Rez points out, this question is six years old, and the OP hasn't posted on the forum at all in five years. I think it's unlikely he's still waiting for a response.

Is there some obscure reason that you're digging up old topics? You've posted precisely four times and all four were to two threads, both over five years old. If you're trying to make a point, perhaps just say it?

tyoud(Posted 2011) [#7]
I didn't realize that people would be so put off by ruminating over old questions.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#8]
It's not "put off" so much as the fact that when a thread is dead, it's dead. reviving a long-gone topic clutters the forum not in the number of threads IN it, but in a mental sense; it gets much tougher to sort out things that have been resolved. I don't really know how to describe it, it's just that there's really no point to it. I mean... Why would you assume that the guy that started the thread would still be remotely interested in this question when he hasn't had a reply in over two THOUSAND days? XD