B3D vertex alpha question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D vertex alpha question

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#1]
When loading a b3d, if some surfaces have vertex alpha how does blitz decide which are the most dominant textures.

I thought it was brush and surface order, but the brush i am saving in the order 3 (of 6) is overpowering all the others. (except for the base layer(6) not flags 2+32)

Could it be something to do with texture color depth or one of the brush or texture flags.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
From what i've found out, if you have too many textures on a mesh, the rendering order gets messed up. If that what your refering to?

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#3]
theres only one texture per mesh but they get combined when loading the b3d into surfs

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
Well, that might cause strange issues with the surfaces in the one mesh. More specifically, i found meshes in front of the multitextured mesh, get rendered on top of some texture layers, but behind others, in other words, it was screwed :o)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=47514

You can see the blue of the river being rendered on top of one of the textures/surfaces in the mesh.

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#5]
yeah thats the one :)

ok now i know.. that geforces are bad, but common so i have to cater for them :( back to the ol drawyboard