Gui Designers
sfx/music artist
Tools designers
ai coders
pyhsics coders
cinematics editors
c++ programmers
Particle Sytem

Sounds like a huge project, but I am thinking that one of the things that people would like to know is what of the above will you be doing yourself? Or do you need people to do everything and you just bring the ideas.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
I think its GfK again :P

cr(Posted 2005) [#5]

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#6]
Post your design doc in .pdf format complete with milestones, and I'll take a look at it this week. A project that size I wouldn't like to commit to straight away without plenty of assurances it was going to get finished. Then we can start to negotiate my pay, as this is a commercial project. Also, if you could post some links to your previous work. I'd like to be sure you've got the drive to finish such a large commercial project.

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#7]
I'm also interested to know how much financial backing this project has, and if it's a reputable source. I don't want to work on this project for two years just to have it shelved when we're on the home stretch.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#8]
Sounds ambitious! Count me in. I'd like to manage it, please.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#9]
I think its GfK again :P
'fraid not.

But this thread (and others like it) do make me laugh. Literally...

Commercial Product (MA )Mature Audiences
15 years and older
...and that's why.

Only 24 hours ago he was posting here because he didn't know what a memory access violation was.

It doesn't bode well for the 'project manager' of a Tekken 4 clone, does it? CR - what experience do you have? And actually, how old are you?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#10]
I feel dirty.

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#11]
Or is this unposssible

I'll dare to say yes, in this instance, it very much is.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#12]

programmers
modelers
level designers
2d/3d artist/Texture Artist/
Gui Designers
sfx/music artist
Tools designers
ai coders
pyhsics coders
cinematics editors
c++ programmers
Particle Sytem

As a project leader you should be capable of doing most of these jobs by your own (if you had the time). If you're not then I'd say this is a nice dream, tho completely unrealistic.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#13]
I think Mark has the responsibility to install a tutorial that you MUST finish before using Blitz, which teaches you that such projects are bad to dream about until you actually have some work completed behind you, together with the experience. Newcommers will generally think we're just being unfriendly, especially younger people who dream too much for their own good. Mark ?

P.S. I know this would reduce sales, so it is probably an ethical question for you :P

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#14]
Oh come on Lenn, get real!

My brother (who has never programmed before) sat down with Blitz and created a spinning cube in a day.
That sort of experience is great for motivation.

Would you rather that he sat down and completed an exam first?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#15]
I have a pack of crayons.

Can i colour some stuff in, please?

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#16]
Did Skidracer ever finnish that "export thread to blitzcoder" function of the website? Maybe hes updating it to export to codersworkshop.

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#17]
I KANNOT CODE OR DO ART AND MY TOES HAVE BEEN STUCK TOGETHER SINCE BIRTH< BUT I WILL SUPPLY ALL THE MONEY NEEDED FOR THIS POJECT BECAUSE IT IS THE SENSIBLE THING TO DO...I WILL EVEN BY A TOKEN COPY OF THE FINISHED GAME TO HELP GET SALES ROLLING, BUT ONLY IF THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS ARE ON GREEN AND BILL GATES ANSWERS MY LETTERS TO HIM. THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT WILLIAM _ BLAME HIM IF THIS GAME FAILS< IT WON@T BE FOR A THOROUGH AND AWESOMELY THOUGHT OUT LIST OF REQUIREMENTS THAT'S FOR SURE...NO GAME WITH SWORDS AND SOME OPPONENTS WHO AREN'T HUMAN CAN FAIL, AND I WENT TO BUSINESS SCHOOL.

cr(Posted 2005) [#18]

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#19]
LAUGHing..MY..ARSE.OFF...*CHOKES*

cr(Posted 2005) [#20]

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#21]
Nothing really, I do think you should get into blitz yourself a bit more before running a team. Knowing about the language you're using will help you alot.

You havent got any stuff on the ground here, so nobody will really look into joining. :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#22]
Thanks, Cygnus, for saying what we're thinking.

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#23]

People who help me with this project will be displayed on game credits and if goes well in sales,Helpers will be
credited.

A very generous offer .. count me out!? There are alot of very talented / experienced people on these forums but until you prove that you are cabable of completing even a small project in Blitz then noone will take you seriously.

We all have dreams ...

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#24]
Well Mr. cr here might have taken slightly bigger piece of the cake than he can actually eat, but let him. Be nice. He has dreams like we all do, and let's be honest; how many of YOU have started doing something you were sure you can pull off quickly but now the project is gathering dust...

Chroma(Posted 2005) [#25]
Hey Mustang long time no see. And you just described everyone who posts here. =)

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#26]
I am after Artists the most for my project,
If you're after artists, why are you posting on a programmers forum? No disrespect, but I see very little evidence that you know how to design and implement such a large project. At the moment all you have is an idea, and nothing else. Everybody on these forums has ideas for games, that's usually what brought them here in the first place. If you're gonna get people to help make your idea become a reality you're gonna have to pitch it a little better than you are at the moment.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#27]
If you're gonna get people to help make your idea become a reality you're gonna have to pitch it a little better than you are at the moment.
...and answer the question I asked you a week ago - what experience do YOU have?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#28]
I think people will be wanting paid.

elias_t(Posted 2005) [#29]
Ok. This is my first post after almost a year of silence.

You forgot a few more things.

A coder to come over there and wash your dishes.
An artist to paint your house.
A chick to belly-dance every night.
And ... quality insurance.

This thread is a fatality.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#30]
At least we have found a method to make elias say something :) Hi there!

elias_t(Posted 2005) [#31]
Hi Dieter how are you !
send me an email with the current one you use now :)

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#32]

Hey Mustang long time no see.

Hi yourself - I've been here all the time, where have you been? :) I saw your other thread about game team, have you totally ditched your promising looking '46 flight sim?