Animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Animation

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I've been wondering about this for quite a while... When you creata an animation (say in milkshape3d), do you make the last frame the same as the first? If you do that, when looping the animation, blitz will play the last frame and then go to the first frame, meaning the animation will be in this state for a tiny bit too long, wouldn't it? How do you compensate for this?
In my last (still unfinished) project, I made my own animation routines which never played the last frame, it played the animation until right before the last frame and then went back to the first frame again. But I can imagine that blitz's animation routines are faster. So is there a better solution?

(I hope I made my question clear, I find it hard to explain it in English :))

Alberto(Posted 2005) [#2]
hi

Suppose you want to create a 30 frames animation.
You create a 31 frames animation, the 31st frame being the same as the first one.
Then you export 30 frames only

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#3]
I don't think milkshape allows me to select how many frames to export, but I could be wrong :(
But still, I think there will be a loss in smoothness between the last (now 30th) frame and the first. Because when you play the animation at a very slow speed, blitz would create transition frames between the keyframes (right?) but not between the 30th and the 1st (or am I wrong?)

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#4]
the Alberto says works for me

set up 31 frames copy 1 to 31 let the 3d package tween say 28 to 31 nail down a keyframe at 30 blitz wont need to tween between 30 and 1 coz you already did it, its a perfect cycle

save out, then just extract 1 to 30

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#5]
Ok, I'm probably completely wrong here since it is working for you guys, but I always tought that the animation file just saved the keyframes, and that the actual tweening was done by blitz in real time, depending on the current fps?