BlitzSql problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BlitzSql problem

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I'm getting a userlib not found error whenever i try to access one of the functions. I put the delcs and dll file in my userlib directory. I also copied the dll to my windows\system32 directory, just in case.

The Blitz IDE seems to recognize the functions because they are showed in blue like the standard blitz functions and not in white like unrecognized functions, but still the compiler doesn't seem to find it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#2]
I don't want to seem pushy, but doesn't anyone have any idea?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
..same problem here...

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#4]
I just tried it on another computer, at work, and it gave me the same error :(
I was really hoping on using this.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
I would not use B3D to access SQL... B3D is a memory hog... has to be to update the 3D games it is written in use BMax or B2d first...

And yes I have had the same problem it can READ from a remote SQL file but not update one.

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#6]
Well I mailed the author and he forgot to include a dll, which he mailed to me and I tested it, and it worked, so he'll be updating the download to include this dll.

Rook Zimbabwe : this BlitzSQL doesn't connect to SQL Server but to MySQL. Anyway, if I need to create a server for a 3D game, I will not create it in BMax or B2d, because it will also need a copy of the 3D world.
And while I do believe you that it may not be very optimized, it will still be faster than using flat text files to store user data, wouldn't it?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
oh yeah... for text... I ran a program I wrote using BlitzUI and the older version of SQL/// used about 40% or system resources at any given time... Ha dto recode if to BMax... THEN had issues with SQL... Having to rethink my idea!