Light problem with multitexture.!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Light problem with multitexture.!!

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all.

I have a problem with multitexture.

I have a model with 2 texture layers. First, i have a texture with a nude man painted in the layer 0 (default), and in the second layer i have a masked texture with clothes painted. The two textures use the same uvw coords,the last texture is in the layer 1.

I can see the second layer correctly if I active de ALPHA Flag in the blend mode (because by default the blend is Multiply and dont make the mask and all is very dark).But my problem is when I put one light moving around the model. The light only affect to que faces that only have the first layer (0),the faces that affect the second layer too appears without ilumination, the light dont affect it.

Anyone can help me please??

Thanks at all.

PD: Sorry my english :-)

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
I think I can confirm this.

I recently added a second unlying texture as you described, and then found that EntityColor had virtually no effect.

Could it be that EntityColor works by altering a layer's colors, and if you add a texture it is deactivated?

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi John thanks for your answer.

I dont know what is the problem exactly but i put a entitycolor 255,255,255 later of the textures assignment but dont work.

I think that the entity is not the problem, because the light works perfectly in the areas where the first texture is alone, in the areas were the 2 textures is one over another one is where is the problem.

Thanks again

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi Again, this is a shot that shows the problem.

The areas with clothes (with the second layer texture with alfa blend mode over the another layer) dont affect the light.

You can see the head with light to the right of the model and the left side is more dark, in the feet its the same, in part of the arm too, the problem is where the 2 layers are together.

Anyone can help me!

Thanks.