got a weird one!?!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/got a weird one!?!

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#1]
Has anyone had a problem like this:

its to do with my cubemapper code, i never noticed before but in 16bit full screen mode the cubemaps (and whole object appears invisible, but fine in 16 bit windowed.

All is ok in 32bit.

I cant remember, but im sure it used to work :P

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
Make sure all colors used in your textures are multiples of 8?

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#3]
ok strange, if i enable wbuffer its ok!?

just 4 the love of interest..... why?

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#4]
power of 8 colors in textures, what does that effect?

DJWoodgate(Posted 2005) [#5]
The Wbuffer should be on by default in 16 bit mode. That is according to the docs anyway. So do you mean you disabled it? It is I think primarily for use with older cards and my understanding is the Wbuffer method may be a better method of depth sorting on these cards due to limited precision in the Zbuffer in 16 bit mode. From what has been posted here in the past though some cards just screw up royally when you use it and with those you are better off sticking with the Zbuffer and explicitly disabling the Wbuffer in 16bit mode.

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#6]
nope, its not disabled, the only reference i have in my code is wbuffer enable. Without it the water entity disapears completely, (as in omit the line not disable.)

now here is the strange part... Weather i disable or enable it works fine. However, if i dont tell the wbuffer to do something it fails :~

(btw) it a geforce 440 mx

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#7]
now here is the strange part... Weather i disable or enable it works fine. However, if i dont tell the wbuffer to do something it fails :~

That would be because enable or disable is not a blitz constant. You always setting it to zero at the moment. Try true or false instead :)

Yan(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's a known problem with NVidia cards in 16 bit mode.

As you have found, disabling wbuffering cures the problem. ;o)

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#9]
That would be because enable or disable is not a blitz constant. You always setting it to zero at the moment. Try true or false instead :)

oh man, do i feel like a knob!

Yours redfacedly
Dan