Cubemap Questions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Cubemap Questions

xmlspy(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have tried to do some cubemapping with a water plane. However the cubemap stuff doesn't produce the desired results basing the cubemapping from the plane's xyz, or the camera's xyz. The cubemap in my mind should be like my following example, where a ray hits the water depending on the camera's angle, and basing the cubemap from the coords where the ray hits the water.

C = Camera
O = object
* = ray
w = waterplane
X = wanted xyz coords
e = emtpy space(stupid forums not allowing spaces)

CeeeeeeeOeee
e*eeeee*eeee
ee*eee*eeeee
eee*e*eeeeee
wwwwXwwwwwww

Does this seem logic? or am I completely lost? How do you do a ray to obtain the wanted xyz parameters?

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#2]
try this http://www.d-grafix.com/software.html

there are bugs, but check the forums as i suspect someone has improved it by now. Also check for posts by red oktober and cygnus

xmlspy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Your example works fine, with skyboxes... Once you have a terrain you will see the mesh's back being reflected.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
XmlSpy and D-Grafix.... Use multiple pass renders and a clip plane when rendering from under the water so the bottom of the terrain/mesh/whatever doesnt get drawn.. its not 100% perfect, but it works well enough on slight waves. :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi cygnus, :)

Any chance you can email me an example of this, as im on a tight project sched and cannot really experiment too hard.

xmlspy(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yes, me too.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
heh, Tight project sched? you dono the meaning ;)

I guess i should throw a demo together though.. maybe a bit later today :D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#8]
Update... been stupidly busy and living in a home without Broadband at the moment... and i dont have my blitz projects with me, so i dont get to do any programming :/