ExecFile command line bother

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/ExecFile command line bother

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a bit weird...
I am using Adjacency.exe to create .bin files out of an input file for convex hulls from within my program.

Figured out the problem (as always, at the last possible moment), but here's a question still:
I'm passing Adjacency 2 file paths via the command line, and they seem to be local to my program instead of Adjacency.exe, which seems a bit weird...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Probably you should change to that directory first. I had some troubles with calling cmdline apps with multiple parameters, so I used to call Execfile "command something.exe /parameters". If you add the /c switch when calling command.com, it will also close automaticly. I agree, a visible dos-box is pretty ugly, but i guess there are ways to hide it.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Meh, it's only visible for a half second.
It's quite fun really, creating convex hulls is always quite a tense operation for me because I have one (totally invisible! I'm so proud :D) Blitz program that is practically meant to crash and the dos prompt visible for a second. I hope nobody else finds it like that!

Right, changing directories sounds like a good idea. Will try that soon!

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#4]
It worked!
Yay!
You're now my temporary hero of the day :)
Hooray! My program now has total gibberish .bin files scattered all over spots :) And lots of exes! I'm going to give all my external programs an important looking default windows executable icon to look extra special.

Um... You seem to know what Adjacency is, so do you have any idea how to give it the delta value for the convex hull to be generated?
Is there an explanation as to why I needed to use ChangeDir? I didn't think the program being run was given any knowledge as to how it was started...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
probably the number of spaces you can use in a commandline is limited when used with "ExecFile" you may try to use brackets, something like Execfile chr$(34)+"hello.exe /x /y /z "+chr$(34). Not sure of that.