How similar to b3d is BMax?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How similar to b3d is BMax?

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#1]
Looking at some examples, it appears as though I could practically open up Blits Max with no experience and start writing the same way that I would normally write b3d code (except for the function names) and my program would work (assuming I was having a good day). Is this true?

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2005) [#2]
Mr. Picklesworth,

I don't know exactly what question you're asking, but I use several different programming languages including C++, Delphi, Java, and Blitz3D.

I started out with Basic on the ZX81, moved on to C64 Basic for the Commodore 64, then QuickBasic for the IBM machines, only to move on to C++, because that was the rage. My last two languages were Delphi and Blitz3d, and Blitz3D I picked up because it handled 3D graphics exceptionally better than C++ or Basic.

In my programming experience, I found that there are similarities between the languages, while in other ways there are differences!

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes, I know that blitzmax is totally different from b3d, but it looks like it can also work with a code syntax practically identical to b3d's. (Though there is no real reason why I would want to, since I would much rather have OOP and fun stuff like that).

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
There is a convertor, to convert your b3d code into blitzmax, but many have said you'd be as well learning max, because the convertor doesn't produce clean code. Can't really expect it to i guess, because of the differences between the two. I'm getting Max when the 3d engine comes out :o)

GfK(Posted 2005) [#5]
because the convertor doesn't produce clean code
In my experience it didn't produce ANY code - just a bunch of errors.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#6]
Lol