Weird b3d problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Weird b3d problem

Rad Gravity(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi. I have several entities in my game, all animated and working fine. However, one of the entities has an anim sequence that involves it falling to the ground. The other entities with this sequence work fine but this one falls to a point about mid-height from itself to the floor and decides that's the base point of the animation..
I am exporting the entity from 3ds max using b3d pipeline.
When I preview the anim in the b3d preview dialog in max, it looks as it should.
Any ideas?

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do all the entities have the same collision radius settings? ..perhaps you have an odd one out with a taller collision radius?

Rad Gravity(Posted 2005) [#3]
The entities have the same collision radius. I use NGC lib which allows you to make the radius visible so I can see it's ok.

Rad Gravity(Posted 2005) [#4]
I just solved the riddle. It was because I was scaling the mesh (composed of multiple animated parts) in 3ds max instead of blitz. Silly me..

Berserker [swe](Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi Rad Gravity!

I've seen your Gallery contribution and it seems like you might be able to help me with a similar game that im creating.

If you could be so kind and have a look at my thread and maybe you could help?

Im also having trouble making my animations work but more problem with making the entitys aware of the world they move on (Collissions) etc. Please have a look, i would be most grateful.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=37335#491265

Thanks