TEXTURE TOOL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/TEXTURE TOOL

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
..hi folks..yesterday, I saw one texture pack..now..its nothing unusual, but, textures is so small light! I mean, textures is 512x512 , and sooo detailed, and only 10 up to 15kb..so..my question is, do they using some special plug in or some special texture tool for export so llight, but still reasonable big resolution texture?? I try many things with photoshop..but simply cant...cant even come close with 10kb with 512x512 with same picture quality...does anyone know some specific tool for texture export so texture can be let say 512x512 and at same time not bigger than 10-15kb ??

sswift(Posted 2005) [#2]
I'd have to see the texture in question to tell you. What file format are the images? Jpeg, or PNG?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi Swift..it was PNG and few of them JPG, but I try to export both types from Photoshop, with many various settings I had, but I didnt even come close to 10-15Kb for given size and without loosing quality..man..how they export this textures??

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#4]
There is an add-on to Photoshop called Imageready, which is dedicated to reducing image file size. But perhaps a search on the internet might bring up something?

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#5]
There are JPG plugins..

/Alienforce