Bone Tweening System

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Bone Tweening System

Makepool(Posted 2005) [#1]
First let me explain, I’ve made a system whereby I can get a single model to play two animations at once, say one for the legs and another for the top half of the body.

My problem is I want to be able to tween so that when animations start and stop there’s no jump. I thought it would be a simple case of working out the difference in rotation for each bone and then slowly adjusting this accordingly. The best I can get the model to do is a sort of nervous stutter.

Has anybody come up with a successful tweening system themselves and if so how is it done? How does Blitz’s tweening system work?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#2]
One way is to use Quaternions for rotation - tweening can be achieved using the Quatslerp function. Quat functions can be found in the code archives but will have to be tweaked to work correctly.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
Blitz has a tweening system?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]

Quatslerp function

You're kidding me!? HAHA :D

Blitz has a tweening system?

Well, that explains your responce with my tweening issue then.. :P

Yeah it does, check out the Castles.BB sample :D also, type "RenderWorld" and hit F1 in the IDE. Also "CaptureWorld"....

Makepool, Sorry i dont have any advice, but this system would be really supercool, so dont give up :D