Sprite Candy

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Sprite Candy

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey guys. I bought Sprite Candy this week, and have been messing around with it. It's pretty darn amazing! I've purchased about 5 lib packages, and it's easily one of best I've ever seen and has great docs! I'm Considering replacing my previous sprite system with in my Blitz Company project.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
Go for it! I love Sprite Candy... Haven't had the scratch to purtchase it yet but it is in my serious plans...
RZ

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#3]
is it fast for HUD displays compared to sprite-master and Nsprite?

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#4]
It's crazy fast, and has the best HUD/Layer system I've ever seen! Even has a kick ass, dumb animation system like entity animation! Tell the hud/layers to animate, and forget them. No annoying animation loop coding!! I was using n-sprite before, and it's great for what it does, I don't thing Sprite Candy supports pixal perfect images, and it doesn't support an easy transition from a 2d app to a 3d app like n-sprite, but there are so many more features for use as menus and huds in this system. I actually bought for the font generater and was annoyed that I had to buy Sprite Candy to display the fonts, but I was pleasently surprized to say the least. I actually think I'll continue to use n-sprite for the map generation and Sprite Candy for all the rest.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have to say I downloaded the demo and the Blasteroids game which comes free - wow! Excellent work once again Mike!

Sprite Candy offers incredible flexibility and some darn good ideas to boot, it's also very reasonably priced for the amount of sheer effort which has gone into developing the product.

You even get a junior particle system, font editor, image packer and the Sprite Candy library thrown in! You cannot do better in terms of bargains. DEFINATELY worth looking at for all users with few exceptions!

IPete2.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#6]
Neato! Any other neato apps and libs on x-pressive.com?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
I did think blasteroids was a llttle slow on my system. However Sprite Candy is great!