Wierd color problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Wierd color problem

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2005) [#1]
i have this wierd color problem, i cant change the color of a certain entity, just this one entity, i also cant change the alpha value. I use the entity color command and it does nothing. I searched the entire program for anything that would change the color from the color i chose but there is nothing. very confused, any ideas?

DH(Posted 2005) [#2]
Well, without seeing any code on this one it's going to be a bit hard to try to solve, but here is a shot:

Check to make sure the entity isnt parented to any other entity. I am not sure if this affects child entities however blitz acts a bit strange in these areas (against logical documentation).

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2005) [#3]
nope, not parented to anything, although the entity is an animated mesh if that makes any difference. I really cant post the code because its way to massive, its a big project im working on. Im waaaay confused on this one.

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#4]
Greetings Puppies,

Have you perhaps created a dummy entity that you use to copy to other entities and forgotten to free it?

Peace,

Jes

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2005) [#5]
no, thats not it, puppy

DJWoodgate(Posted 2005) [#6]
Use Beakers code on the archives to apply the effect to whole hierarchy. http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=796

DH(Posted 2005) [#7]
yeah, animated meshes usually have heirarchy data (parented entities and such)